At Red Rover Service, we offer full Charlotte truck repair services. During our time repairing trucks, we have been asked plenty of questions, so today we’re going to share the answers to some of those questions with you!
Charlotte Truck Repair Answers Your Truck Service FAQS
Q: How Do I Find a Good Truck Mechanic?
A: If you live in or around Charlotte, we encourage you to come and pay us a visit here at our truck repair shop at 4613 Statesville Rd., Charlotte, NC 28269. We have a full team of skilled mechanics who are trained to work on all big name trucks as well as industrial equipment and vehicles!
Q: How Much Should Truck Repair Cost?
A: There really is no answer to this question! The cost of your truck repair varies depending on a whole range of things including:
- The extent of the problem.
- The cost of replacement parts.
- Where you live.
- The mechanic and repair shop that you choose to do the job for you.
Q: How Do I Know If I Have a Good Truck Mechanic?
A: You never ant to trust your vehicle with a bad mechanic, so how do you know if you have a good truck mechanic? Here are a few things to consider…
- What is their business rating from BBB? A very poor rating is a good reason to keep searching for a new shop.
- What are previous clients saying about their experience with the mechanic? Are they happy with the service that they received?
- Ask around! Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find a good and reliable mechanic. If other people have nothing positive to say about a mechanic, though, it’s a good reason to keep looking!
- Does your mechanic communicate with you? You need a mechanic who keeps open lines of communication with you so that you always know what is going on and that you can trust the “diagnoses” and repair job that your mechanic gives you.
Q: How Do I Negotiate With a Mechanic?
A: A lot of people want to know how they can save money when a mechanic quotes them for a service. There are a couple of things that you should keep in mind here…
Firstly, if you research your mechanic well, and go with someone who has a good client base who have nothing but praise for them, then you can trust the prices that they quote you.
A trustworthy mechanic will not risk losing good business by excessively inflating prices. Of course, your mechanic needs to stay in business which means that you can expect to pay a little more than “face value” for a service and parts, but you also shouldn’t have to pay 1000% markup.
Secondly, if you feel that your mechanic is charging exorbitant rates try talking to them – but don’t get aggressive. Simply ask for an explanation of the increased cost. If your mechanic tells you that their price is fair and cannot or will not work with you, start looking for another mechanic!
Q: What Do Mechanics Do On a Daily Basis?
A: Mechanics do a whole host of things on a daily basis! The days activities are dependent upon scheduled appointments.
Activities of the average mechanic on a daily basis may include:
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Completing service and maintenance for trucks.
- Performing truck repairs including
- Wheel alignment
- Radiator hose leak repair
- Battery replacement
- Tire repair and replacement
- Brake services
Q: What’s the Difference Between a Semi Truck and an Eighteen Wheeler?
A: This is more often a question asked by people who are interested in trucks or becoming mechanics rather than clients themselves!
But, what is the difference between a semi truck and an eighteen wheeler?
A semi truck is the truck/cab part of the vehicle that includes the engine and main mechanical components.
An eighteen wheeler refers to the semi truck as well as the trailer. Eighteen wheelers are also referred to as “tractor trailers” or tractor trailer units.
Are You Looking For a Local Charlotte Truck Repair Shop?
If you are looking for a local Charlotte truck repair shop, our team here at Red Rover Service can help! Just pick up the phone and make an appointment with our skilled team of mechanics by dialing 704-317-6161.