Freightliner AC repair is just one of the many specialized services that our team offers to truckers in or around Charlotte, NC. Our skilled team of mechanics here at Red Rover Service can tackle any job big or small whether you work with semis, forklifts, generators, busses, brush chippers, mini skids, Isuzu trucks, Bobcat, CAT, Ford, Ditch Witch, GM, and more.
Freightliner AC Repair At Red Rover Service, Charlotte, NC
At Red Rover Service our mechanics can tackle any AC repair and AC system evaluation.
Your truck’s AC system needs to be running at maximum efficiency in order for you to be comfortable in your cab and to have confidence that your AC system is going to hold steady for the duration of your job.
It’s also important to know that you have an experienced team of mechanics behind you in case something does go wrong with your AC system. At Red Rover Service, our mechanics can tackle any concern that you might have.
Not sure if your AC unit is having trouble? There are some signs to look or listen for that could indicate a problem or an approaching problem.
Signs of potential problems with your AC system include:
- Have you noticed that your air conditioning in your cab has been blowing cool air rather than cold air?
- Have you noticed a peculiar smell to the air blowing in your cab from your AC unit? You may notice a smell of dampness, mildew, mold, or musty air.
- Does your air conditioner only work when you are driving, but not while your vehicle is stationary or when your truck is idling?
- Does your air conditioning blow hot air instead of cold?
- Does your air conditioner seem to struggle blowing out air? Or do your vents not seem to be blowing anything at all?
- Is the carpeting in your cab wet?
- Does your AC system make an unusual noise when turned on?
- Do you feel vibration kick in when you turn your AC unit on?
If you notice any of these signs, it’s a good idea to have a good mechanic give your system a once over. There’s a very good chance that your AC unit is going to need professional intervention really soon!
Some of the most common AC problems that occur in vehicles include:
- Refrigerant leaks
- A clogged or blocked condenser.
- A broken condenser.
- Electrical problems.
- Broken cooling fans.
- A Bad compressor.
Failure to get your AC unit looked over if you notice any of these signs can result in the problem getting worse and your AC unit giving out completely. You don’t need us to tell you that a complete AC unit replacement is going to cost you much more than a smaller repair.
In addition to AC repair, our mechanics are able to perform a thorough AC evaluation of your system to make sure that everything is running smoothly.
At Red Rover Service, our AC evaluation incorporates:
- Thoroughly inspecting the internal controls and blower.
- Evaluation of your radiator coolant operating temperature, AC hoses, pressure radiator cap and AC thermostat.
- Inspection of your compressor belt.
- Checking your AC system and seals for damages or leaks.
- A pressure test of your cooling system.
- A/C pressure verification to check against manufacturer specifications.
- Vent air temperature measurement.
Are You Looking For a Reputable Mechanic in Charlotte?
If you are looking for a reputable mechanic in Charlotte, NC who can evaluate or repair your truck’s AC unit or if you just want a reliable mechanic who can keep your regular maintenance up to date, our team can help.
If you want to bring your truck in to a local truck shop here in Charlotte, NC, you can find us at 4613 Statesville Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269 or you can give us a call at 704-317-6161.
If you need roadside assistance, our mechanics can help you there too! We are available for roadside assistance and we use a live dispatch so no matter when you call, you won’t have to leave a message with a voicemail system, you will speak to a real person every time. You can also take comfort in the fact that we don’t charge any unexpected fees! We offer port to port service to our clients, there is no minimum cost for service, we charge no call out fee, and we don’t charge mileage.